“Courage is found in unlikely places.”
The premise of my project was simple: every week for one year do something new, something I’ve never done before and write about it. The goal: to shake things up a bit, to get unstuck and feel more alive.
Sometimes I specifically sought out the novelty of an experience; other times shit just happened to me so I wrote about it. In the end, I’ve done some pretty cool things I might not have otherwise attempted and have come to realize that I am capable of infinitely more.
It’s December 31st today and as we sit poised to enter a new year, I’m looking back with fondness over 2014’s adventures and forward with excitement for all there is to come. While I’m not exactly sure what my next project will be, it seems unlikely that I’ll be able to resist the urge to create something. My thanks to everyone who supported Never Done That and a special thanks to my editor and photographer, Emrys Horton.
Here then is a quick review of what we did in 2014, in case you missed any of it – and if it strikes your fancy, I’d love to hear which adventures meant something to you:
2. Giving It Away For Free (giving money to panhandlers)
3. What the Fuck Is Wrong With You (trying to stop swearing)
5. Luck of the Draw (buying a lottery ticket)
6. Sober (not drinking for a week)
7. No Social Media (off social media for a week)
9. Stick a Needle In It (acupuncture)
14. Phone Game
15. Blind Dining
18. Make a Cake
19. Stoupid Facebook People (playing with perfectionism)
21. Caribbean Brunch
22. You know I saw you guys in Joe Fresh earlier… (trying on clothes in a designer store)
23. Extreme Air Park
25. Scary Movie
26. Flowers at Work
32. Spa Day
33. Meet a New Human
37. Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee and La Paz Waterfall Tour (Costa Rica)
38. Chocolate Tour! (Costa Rica)
39. Sloth Sanctuary (Costa Rica)
40. Slot Car Sunday
41. Learn to Drive
46. Miraj Hammam Spa
47. Be Kind
Happy New Year everyone! May 2015 bring you many new and exciting adventures.