“Courage is found in unlikely places.”
This is my last post; it’s time to say goodbye! It’s been a great year of firsts and a pleasure sharing it all with you.
The premise of my project was simple: every week for one year do something new, something I’ve never done before and write about it. The goal: to shake things up a bit, to get unstuck and feel more alive.
Sometimes I specifically sought out the novelty of an experience; other times shit just happened to me so I wrote about it. In the end, I’ve done some pretty cool things I might not have otherwise attempted and have come to realize that I am capable of infinitely more.
It’s December 31st today and as we sit poised to enter a new year, I’m looking back with fondness over 2014’s adventures and forward with excitement for all there is to come. While I’m not exactly sure what my next project will be, it seems unlikely that I’ll be able to resist the urge to create something. My thanks to everyone who supported Never Done That and a special thanks to my editor and photographer, Emrys Horton.
Here then is a quick review of what we did in 2014, in case you missed any of it – and if it strikes your fancy, I’d love to hear which adventures meant something to you:
1. What’s This All About?
2. Giving It Away For Free (giving money to panhandlers)
3. What the Fuck Is Wrong With You (trying to stop swearing)
4. Vancouver Brewery Tour
5. Luck of the Draw (buying a lottery ticket)
6. Sober (not drinking for a week)
7. No Social Media (off social media for a week)
8. Two Concerts in One Week
9. Stick a Needle In It (acupuncture)
10. Sensory Deprivation Tank
11. Beer Brewing Class
12. Macaron Making Class
13. Certificate of Illness
14. Phone Game
15. Blind Dining
16. Say What You Think
17. Movie Date with Myself
18. Make a Cake
19. Stoupid Facebook People (playing with perfectionism)
20. Making Spot Prawns
21. Caribbean Brunch
22. You know I saw you guys in Joe Fresh earlier… (trying on clothes in a designer store)
23. Extreme Air Park
24. Sea to Sky Gondola
25. Scary Movie
26. Flowers at Work
27. Celebrate Canada Day
28. Making Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
29. Hiking Bowen Lookout Trail
30. Making Tea Gong Fu Cha Style
32. Spa Day
33. Meet a New Human
34. Absinthe: A Visit from the Green Fairy
35. Does the internet really know who I am?
36. Blogging in the sky about Bard on the Beach
37. Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee and La Paz Waterfall Tour (Costa Rica)
38. Chocolate Tour! (Costa Rica)
39. Sloth Sanctuary (Costa Rica)
40. Slot Car Sunday
41. Learn to Drive
42. Central City Brewery Tour
43. Pumpkin Spice Latte
44. A Vote for North Vancouver
45. Parade of Lost Souls
46. Miraj Hammam Spa
47. Be Kind
48. Ryu Goto Plays Brahms!
49. Grey Cup Football
50. Christmas Crackers
51. Goh to The Nutcracker
52. Change Your Tires
Happy New Year everyone! May 2015 bring you many new and exciting adventures.